This was not supposed to be an Olympic year, but it is now due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As is nearly always the case, Team USA is a strong favorite to win the most medals.
Katie Ledecky and Simone Biles have been household names since the Games in Rio and London, respectively. USA Basketball is always favored in both the men's and women's tournaments. Ronnie Baker and Trayvon Bromell will be in the mix to be called the world's fastest man in the 100-meters, with Usain Bolt firmly retired.
The 17-day sporting event that captivates and unites the world for a little more than a fortnight can be seen on NBC and streamed on fuboTV (try for free) and you can stick with CBS Sports to follow along to see which nation tops the medal table, who brings home the gold and which athletes from the U.S. and around the world etch their names in Olympic history among the pantheon of legends that have preceded them.
How to watch the Tokyo Olympics
- Date: Various dates between Friday, July 23 and Sunday, Aug. 8
- Time: Various times
- Location: Tokyo
- TV channel: NBC Sports
- Streaming: fuboTV (try free for 7 days)
Olympics key events daily schedule
(The complete daily schedule for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics can be found here)
(All dates U.S. and times eastern below)
Day 15 - August 6
- Women's basketball semifinal #1 - 12:40 a.m.
- Women's field hockey gold medal match - 6 a.m.
- Women's basketball semifinal #2 - 7 a.m.
- Track and field finals - Women's Javelin, Men's 5000m, Women's 400m, Women's 4 x 100m relay, Men's 4 x 100 relay - 7:50 a.m.
- Women's marathon - 6 p.m.
- Women's golf final round - 6:30 p.m.
- Men's basketball gold medal game - 10:30 p.m.
Day 16 - August 7
- Boxing finals - Men's flyweight, Women's flyweight, Men's middleweight, Women's welterweight - 1 a.m.
- Men's diving 10m platform final - 2 a.m.
- Men's baseball gold medal game - 6 a.m.
- Track and field finals - Women's high jump, Men's Javelin, Men's 1,500m, Women's 4 x 400m, Men's 4 x 400m - 6:35 a.m.
- Men's soccer gold medal match - 7:30 a.m.
- Men's marathon - 6 p.m.
- Women's basketball gold medal match - 10:30 p.m.
Day 17 - August 8
- Women's volleyball gold medal match - 12:30 a.m.
- Boxing finals - Women's lightweight, Men's lightweight, Women's middleweight, Men's super heavyweight - 1:30 a.m.
- Men's water polo gold medal match - 3:30 a.m
- 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics closing ceremony - 7 a.m.