Skip to Main Content

NFL Player News

  • Dak Prescott QB | DAL

    Cowboys' Dak Prescott: No issues in OTAs

    Prescott didn't take part in full team drills during Tuesday's OTA session, but his ankle didn't appear to be an issue during individual and 7-on-7 drills, Jon Machota of The Athletic reports. "I'm pretty much a full-go," Prescott said after the workout. "I'm not being limited or restricted to doing anything. I'm ready to go. I don't know as far as being tackled or my ankle being jerked and stuff under a pile, obviously we're not there yet. But we're far from being there, so I'm good to go, really."

    Per coach Mike McCarthy, the quarterback is "ahead of schedule" in his recovery from last year's ankle surgery. Prescott won't see any contact until training camp, but he's on track to be a full participant once it begins in July.

  • Rams' Matthew Stafford: Feeling back to full health

    Stafford (thumb) said Monday he's "not limited at all" after having undergone a procedure back in March, Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic reports.

    Stafford played through a torn UCL in his right thumb in 2020, and while he required a minor surgery to address the issue, it looks like he won't be limited at all during his first offseason with coach Sean McVay and the Rams. That will allow the 33-year-old veteran plenty of time to build chemistry with new receivers Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, DeSean Jackson and Van Jefferson, not to mention tight end Tyler Higbee and second-year running back Cam Akers. Last season, Stafford also dealt with injuries to his ankle, knee and elbow, plus torn rib cartilage, but he appears to have returned to full health without any setbacks.

  • Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes: Ahead of schedule in rehab

    Mahomes (toe) is ahead of schedule in his rehab and is expected to participate in offseason OTAs, James Palmer of NFL Network reports.

    It's unclear how much Mahomes will really be expected to do during OTAs, but just the fact the 2018 MVP will even participate at all after undergoing February surgery to repair a torn plantar plate in his left foot certainly appears to be a good sign. The Chiefs drastically overhauled the offensive line this season, acquiring five new potential starters in the form or Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Kyle Long, Austin Blythe and Mike Remmers while also drafting Creed Humphrey in the second round, all with the intention of keeping Mahomes upright, unlike in Super Bowl LV when he was hit seven times.

  • Case Cookus QB | NYG

    Case Cookus: Done in Denver

    The Broncos cut Cookus on Thursday, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.

    Denver already has all of Drew Lock, Teddy Bridgewater and Brett Rypien on the roster, so Cookus didn't have much of a chance to stick around. He spent time on the Giants' practice squad in 2020 after going undrafted out of Northern Arizona.

  • Jeff Driskel QB | WAS

    Texans' Jeff Driskel: Lands in Houston

    Driskel agreed Wednesday with the Texans on a one-year contract worth up to $2.5 million Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

    Driskel's deal contains a $1 million base salary with numerous potential bonuses and incentives. Given the murky situation surrounding Deshaun Watson's future with the Texans, Driskel's landing spot is more intriguing for fantasy purposes than if he had been brought in to compete for a backup gig elsewhere. Beyond Watson, Driskel will vie for depth-chart slotting with veterans Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Finley, as well as rookie third-round pick Davis Mills.

  • Joe Burrow QB | CIN

    Bengals' Joe Burrow: 'All systems go' for opener

    Burrow (knee) is considered "all systems go" for the Bengals' season opener against the Vikings, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. "He's on track for full go for the start of the season," Dr. Neal ElAttrache said.

    The second-year quarterback continues to make encouraging progress in his recovery from reconstructive knee surgery in December and it appears a Week 1 return is not just possible, but expected. Per Schefter, the doctors will restrict Burrow from taking contact until nine months out from the surgery, which could mean no preseason reps. Still, things continue to trend in the right direction for Burrow and he is on track to be ready for the start of the season even if he is limited through training camp.

  • Brian Hoyer QB | LV

    Patriots' Brian Hoyer: Returns to New England

    The Patriots are re-signing Hoyer, Jim McBride of The Boston Globe reports.

    Hoyer's return suddenly gives New England one of the deepest quarterback rooms in the league, as the veteran likely slots in as the No. 4 option behind all of Cam Newton, Mac Jones and Jarrett Stidham. Last season, Hoyer served as the Patriot's third quarterback and logged a single start. It's unlikely that the team carries more than three signal-callers onto the regular season roster, so Hoyer could compete with Stidham for the final spot.

  • Case Cookus QB | NYG

    Broncos' Case Cookus: Joins crowded Denver QB room

    Cookus is signing with the Broncos, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.

    Cookus is fourth on Denver's quarterback depth chart heading into camp, behind Drew Lock, Teddy Bridgewater and Brett Rypien. He topped the 30-touchdown mark twice while at Northern Arizona.

  • Dak Prescott QB | DAL

    Cowboys' Dak Prescott: On track for training camp

    Coach Mike McCarthy said Prescott (ankle) is expected to be cleared in time for training camp in July, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

    The 27-year-old was given a 4-to-6 month recovery timeline after undergoing surgery to address the compound fracture and dislocation of his right ankle in October, and he also underwent a second cleanup procedure in December. Prescott reached a new deal with the Cowboys in March that includes $126 million guaranteed, and the team remains optimistic about his recovery as it begins on-field work in the offseason program.

  • Jaguars' Trevor Lawrence: Taking part in rookie minicamp

    Lawrence (shoulder) is scheduled to participate in the Jaguars' rookie minicamp this month, but the team will likely limit his activity, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

    According to Rapoport, the Jaguars will restrict the amount of reps Lawerence handles mostly as a precaution while he continues to recover from February surgery to address a torn labrum in his left (non-throwing) shoulder). The No. 1 overall pick should be free of restrictions for the start of training camp, when he'll stake his claim to the starting role over incumbent Gardner Minshew.

Around the Web Promoted by Taboola