-
Matt McLain 2B | CIN
Reds' Matt McLain: Back with team
McLain (calf) rejoined the Reds after spending the All-Star break at the team's training complex in Arizona, MLB.com reports.
McLain has been hitting in a cage and took groundballs Thursday during a team workout at Coors Field ahead of a three-game set against the Rockies. He was placed on the 10-day injured list July 10, retroactive to July 8, and is eligible to return Saturday.
-
Michael Massey 2B | KC
Royals' Michael Massey: Records three hits in win
Massey went 3-for-5 with two RBI with one run scored while striking out once during the Royals' 7-6 extra-inning win over the Padres on Friday.
Massey gave Kansas City the lead with an RBI single that scored Vinnie Pasquantino in the eighth inning, and he plated Pasquantino in the 10th as well. The 28-year-old has now recorded at least one hit in seven of his last eight games. On the season, Massey has slashed .267/.305/.427 with seven homers and 33 RBI in 251 plate appearances.
-
Luis Urias 2B | TOR
Blue Jays' Luis Urias: Smacks second homer of 2026
Urias went 1-for-4 with a solo home run during Friday's 12-4 loss to the White Sox.
The Blue Jays' offense couldn't match the White Sox in Friday's series opener, but Urias contributed offensively with a solo homer to left field in the fourth inning. It was the second long ball of the season for Urias, with his first taking place in his 2026 debut against the Astros on June 23. He'll continue to operate in a depth role in the infield, and his stint on the 26-man roster could be extended given that Lenyn Sosa (wrist) suffered a recent setback in his rehab program.
-
Brendan Donovan 3B | SEA
Mariners' Brendan Donovan: Moving rehab to Triple-A
Donovan (groin) will shift his rehab assignment to Triple-A Tacoma on Friday, Shannon Drayer of SeattleSports.com reports.
Donovan was cleared to embark on a rehab assignment Wednesday in the Arizona Complex League. He'll take the next step in his recovery by playing in Triple-A, but given that he's been sidelined for nearly two months, Donovan will likely need to play in several more minor-league games before returning to the majors.
-
Sung-Mun Song 2B | SD
Padres' Sung-Mun Song: Taking seat Friday
Song isn't in the lineup for Friday's game against the Royals.
Song will retreat to the bench to begin the first game of San Diego's second-half schedule after going 2-for-18 with three walks, four RBI and three runs in his final six games before the All-Star break. Manny Machado will cover the hot corner with Song on the bench, opening up the DH spot for Miguel Andujar.
-
Lenyn Sosa 2B | TOR
Blue Jays' Lenyn Sosa: Setback in rehab
Sosa (wrist) resumed hitting in the batting cages earlier this week after experiencing a setback in his rehab program, Arden Zwelling of Sportsnet.ca reports.
Sosa was cleared to embark on a rehab assignment in late June, but he was pulled from playing after his right wrist injury flared up. He's been cleared to resume baseball activities, but he'll likely need to go on another assignment before being cleared to return to the majors. Prior to his injury, Sosa posted a .490 OPS with one home run and nine RBI across 117 major-league plate appearances.
-
Red Sox's Marcelo Mayer: Remains without firm timetable
Interim manager Chad Tracy said Friday that Mayer (forearm) remains shut down from swinging a bat and will undergo new imaging next week, Chris Cotillo of MassLive.com reports.
Mayer hasn't played since June 25 due to a stress reaction in his forearm. "[Isiah Kiner-Falefa] and [Mayer] are due for X-rays and to see a hand specialist next week, probably Monday or Tuesday," Tracy said. "We'll have a better idea of how they're healing once they do that." Anthony Seigler, Tsung-Che Cheng, Andruw Monasterio and Romy Gonzalez should continue to see increased playing time while both infielders are out.
-
Isiah Kiner-Falefa 2B | BOS
Red Sox's Isiah Kiner-Falefa: Still not swinging bat
Interim Red Sox manager Chad Tracy said Friday that Kiner-Falefa (forearm) remains shut down from swinging a bat and will undergo new imaging next week, Chris Cotillo of MassLive.com reports.
Kiner-Falefa hasn't played since June 18 due to a stress reaction in his left forearm. "IKF and [Marcelo Mayer] are due for X-rays and to see a hand specialist next week, probably Monday or Tuesday," Tracy said. "We'll have a better idea of how they're healing once they do that." Tsung-Che Cheng, Anthony Seigler, Andruw Monasterio and Romy Gonzalez should continue to see increased playing time while both Kiner-Falefa and Mayer are out.
-
Marcus Semien 2B | NYM
Mets' Marcus Semien: Activated Thursday
The Mets reinstated Semien (hip) from the injured list Thursday.
Semien has been shelved by a Grade 3 hip flexor strain since June 25, but after going 2-for-3 with a three-run homer during a rehab game Sunday, he's been cleared to return to the active roster before Thursday's second-half opener against Philadelphia -- well ahead of his initial 4-to-6-week timeline. The 35-year-old figures to reclaim his role as New York's primary second baseman now that he's healthy, though the Mets will keep him on the bench Thursday while Brett Baty starts at the keystone. Zack Short was designated for assignment in a corresponding move.