Skip to Main Content

NFL Player News

  • Saints' Devaughn Vele: Considered week-to-week

    Vele (shoulder) is believed to have avoided a major injury but is considered week-to-week, Nick Underhill of NewOrleans.Football reports.

    The timing of the injury could make it tricky for Vele to return this season, Underhill added. Vele was injured in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 20-17 win over the Panthers after he secured five of six targets for 69 yards prior to his departure. If Vele is unable to play this upcoming Sunday against the Jets, Mason Tipton, Kevin Austin and Dante Pettis would appear to be next in line for snaps behind No. 1 wideout Chris Olave.

  • Steelers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling: Reaches end zone in prime time

    Valdes-Scantling secured his lone target for a 19-yard touchdown during Monday's 28-15 win over the Dolphins.

    Valdes-Scantling made his second appearance with the Steelers after being signed to the active roster earlier in the day. He was on the field for 52 percent of the team's offensive snaps and reached the end zone early in the third quarter to give Pittsburgh a two-possession lead. Valdes-Scantling's fantasy upside is limited however, after being targeted just once in each of his first two appearances with the team.

  • Adam Thielen WR | PIT

    Steelers' Adam Thielen: Held to one target against Miami

    Thielen secured his lone target for seven yards during Monday's 28-15 win over Miami.

    Thielen ranked second among Pittsburgh's wide receivers Monday by playing 58 percent of the team's offensive snaps, but he wasn't heavily involved in the passing game. The 35-year-old has seen an uptick in playing time since being waived by Minnesota and subsequently claimed by Pittsburgh, but he's been targeted just once in each of his first two appearances with his new team. Despite his increased snap counts, Thielen's fantasy potential remains limited late in the regular season.

  • Luke McCaffrey WR | WAS

    Commanders' Luke McCaffrey: Done for season

    Commanders head coach Dan Quinn said Tuesday that he doesn't anticipate McCaffrey (collarbone) returning from injured reserve this season, Tom Schad of The Washington Post reports.

    With the 4-10 Commanders having been eliminated from playoff contention, Quinn suggested that the team won't look to bring McCaffrey or any other players back from IR with little at stake over the final three weeks of the season. Before suffering a fractured collarbone Nov. 2, McCaffrey recorded 11 catches for 203 yards and three touchdowns on 15 targets while also averaging 29.6 yards on 26 kickoff returns over nine appearances. The 24-year-old should be back to full health in advance of the Commanders' offseason program.

  • Davante Adams WR | LAR

    Rams' Davante Adams: Sitting out walk-through practice

    Rams head coach Sean McVay said that Adams (hamstring/knee) won't participate in Tuesday's walk-through practice, Sarah Barshop of ESPN.com reports.

    Tuesday's session marks the only on-field workout of the week for the Rams, who won't hold any traditional practices in advance of Thursday's game against the Seahawks. McVay said that he hasn't yet ruled out the veteran wideout, who will be given "every chance" to play in a game with huge implications for the NFC West title, per Sarah Barshop of ESPN.com. Adams will likely be a game-time decision ahead of the 8:15 p.m. EST kickoff.

  • Jaylin Lane WR | WAS

    Commanders' Jaylin Lane: Delivers return TD in win

    Lane failed to secure his lone target and returned three punts for 91 yards -- including a 63-yard touchdown -- in Sunday's 29-21 win over the Giants.

    Lane was on the field for 28 of the Commanders' 61 snaps on offense, with his 46 percent share marking his highest rate since Week 9. The rookie fourth-round pick was still a relative afterthought in the passing attack, but he contributed the game's biggest play late in the second quarter, when his punt return for a touchdown gave Washington a 12-point lead. With Noah Brown (rib) landing on injured reserve Tuesday, Lane could continue to see ample playing time on offense, but he'll likely remain an unreliable fantasy option while Terry McLaurin and Deebo Samuel are locked in as quarterback Marcus Mariota's top targets.

  • River Cracraft WR | WAS

    River Cracraft: Back with Washington

    The Commanders signed Cracraft to the practice squad Tuesday.

    Washington placed Noah Brown (ribs) on injured reserve Tuesday, ending his season, so Cracraft gives the team some more depth at wide receiver over the final three weeks. Cracraft hasn't appeared in a regular-season game since Week 18 of last season with the Dolphins.

  • Noah Brown WR | WAS

    Commanders' Noah Brown: Finishing season on IR

    The Commanders placed Brown (rib) on injured reserve Tuesday.

    Brown missed 10 straight games earlier this season while he was on IR due to groin and knee issues, but he was cleared to return to action in Week 14. He lasted just two games before succumbing to another injury, as the Commanders are opting to shut him down for good after he exited Sunday's 29-21 win over the Giants due to a rib issue. The 29-year-old wideout will wrap up his second season in Washington with a 5-83-0 receiving line on 10 targets over just four appearances.

  • Chris Moore WR | WAS

    Commanders' Chris Moore: Signed back to 53-man roster

    The Commanders signed Moore off their practice squad Tuesday.

    Moore will rejoin Washington's 53-man roster for the second time this season, after he had previously made 11 appearances before being cut and re-signed to the practice squad earlier this month. With Noah Brown (rib) heading to injured reserve in a corresponding move, Moore could have an opportunity to reclaim a role in the Commanders' receiver rotation over the final three contests of the season. Moore had previously generated a 10-192-1 receiving line on 22 targets, though a considerable portion of his production came while the Commanders were without either or both of Terry McLaurin and Deebo Samuel due to injuries.

  • Allen Lazard WR | NYJ

    Allen Lazard: Parting ways with Jets

    The Jets are set to waive Lazard on Tuesday, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reports.

    According to Cimini, the Jets are moving on from Lazard in a mutual decision, as the veteran wideout had previously asked to be let go. After accepting an $8.5 million pay cut in the offseason, Lazard is under contract at a palatable $1.75 million base salary for 2025, but it's unclear if any team would want to put in a waiver claim for him and assume the money remaining on his deal. The 30-year-old was already a major disappointment for the Jets in the first two seasons of the four-year, $44 million deal he signed in March 2023, and he's taken an even bigger step back statistically in 2025. Lazard had produced a lowly 10-70-1 receiving line on 18 targets in 10 appearances, and he had been a healthy inactive back in Week 11. With three games left in a non-contending season, the Jets were eager to open up more opportunities for their younger wide receivers rather than continuing to give Lazard reps.

Around the Web Promoted by Taboola