-
Dustin May SP | MIL
Cardinals' Dustin May: Has put weight back on
May said Thursday that he currently weighs 220 pounds after pitching the 2025 season at 198-202 pounds, John Denton of MLB.com reports.
May had surgery for an esophagus rupture in 2024, which made it difficult for him to keep weight on. His goal this offseason has been to put that weight back on, and he hopes to be up to 225 pounds by spring training. May's fastball velocity was in the 59th percentile in 2025 after it was routinely in the 90-plus percentile in previous seasons, and it's possible the weight loss had something to do with it. The 28-year-old also noted that his arm is "back to normal" after he finished the season on the injured list with right elbow neuritis. May took a one-year, "prove it" contract from the Cardinals in hopes of bouncing back and reestablishing his market next offseason.
-
Allan Winans SP | NYY
Allan Winans: Released, headed to Japan
The Yankees released Winans on Wednesday, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports.
Per Francys Romero of BeisbolFR.com, Winans is finalizing a contract with the Seibu Lions of Nippon Professional Baseball. The right-hander has performed well in the minors (career 2.70 ERA) but hasn't figured it out at the big-league level, holding a 7.48 ERA, 1.60 WHIP and 44:15 K:BB over 49.1 innings covering parts of three seasons.
-
Shane McClanahan SP | TB
Rays' Shane McClanahan: Avoids arbitration with Rays
The Rays and McClanahan (triceps) avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $3.6 million contract Wednesday, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports.
It's the same salary McClanahan was paid each of the last two seasons. The left-hander did not pitch at all in 2024 while recovering from Tommy John surgery and was limited to only three rehab starts in 2025 due to a nerve issue in his left triceps that eventually required surgery. The expectation is that McClanahan will be ready for the start of spring training, but he's a major health risk heading into the 2026 season.
-
Albert Suarez RP | BAL
Orioles' Albert Suarez: Back with Orioles on NRI deal
The Orioles re-signed Suarez (forearm) to a minor-league contract Wednesday that includes an invitation to spring training, Andy Kostka of TheBaltimoreBanner.com reports.
Suarez was non-tendered by Baltimore last month but has made his way back into its organization. The right-hander was limited to only 11.2 innings with the big club in 2025, first due to a shoulder injury and then a flexor strain that ended his season. It's not clear what Suarez's current health status is, but he's been a useful swingman for the Orioles when available.
-
Brad Keller RP | PHI
Phillies' Brad Keller: Signs two-year deal with Phillies
The Phillies signed Keller to a two-year, $22 million contract Wednesday, Matt Gelb of The Athletic reports.
Keller was a full-time reliever for the first time in 2025 with the Cubs and excelled, collecting a 2.07 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 75:22 K:BB over 69.2 regular-season innings. The Phillies intend to keep him in a bullpen role, though his past starting experience allows for the possibility that he could make some starts, if needed. Keller is in line to help set up for closer Jhoan Duran.
-
Steven Matz RP | TB
Rays' Steven Matz: Will get another chance to start
Rays president of baseball operations Erik Neander said Tuesday that Matz will be given a chance to open the season in the rotation, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports.
Neander said that Matz -- whose two-year, $15 million contract became official Tuesday -- has "a real desire" to be a starting pitcher again, and the "the investment was made with that in mind." All but two of Matz's 53 regular-season appearances in 2025 came out of the bullpen, but the 34-year-old has predominantly been a starter in his career. He posted a 3.05 ERA and 59:11 K:BB over 76.2 regular-season frames between the Cardinals and Red Sox this past season.
-
Adrian Houser SP | SF
Giants' Adrian Houser: Gets $22 million pact from Giants
The Giants signed Houser to a two-year, $22 million contract with a club option for 2028 on Tuesday, Jeff Passan of ESPN.com reports.
Houser showed more velocity and put together a bounce-back season in 2025, collecting a 3.31 ERA and 92:38 K:BB over 125 innings covering 21 starts between the White Sox and Rays. The veteran right-hander will turn 33 in February and lands in a favorable home environment in Oracle Park, but Houser's fantasy value will remain limited because of a lack of strikeouts.
-
Carlos Rodon SP | NYY
Yankees' Carlos Rodon: Resumes throwing program
Rodon (elbow) is in the second week of his throwing program, Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports.
Working his way back from surgery in mid-October to remove loose bodies and shave down a bone spur in his left elbow, Rodon most recently made 30 throws from 60-75 feet. The southpaw anticipates making some Grapefruit League starts, but he will begin the season on the injured list and isn't expected to make his regular-season debut for the Yankees until late April or early May.
-
Osvaldo Bido RP | CHW
Braves' Osvaldo Bido: DFA'd by Atlanta
Bido was designated for assignment by Atlanta on Monday.
Bido will lose out on his 40-man roster spot after the club agreed to a one-year deal with Ha-Seong Kim. Bido was claimed off waivers by Atlanta just over a week ago and will now head back to the waiver wire following Monday's transaction.
-
Luis Perales SP | WAS
Nationals' Luis Perales: Dealt to Nationals
The Nationals acquired Perales from the Red Sox on Monday in exchange for Jake Bennett, Jeff Passan of ESPN.com reports.
It's a prospect-for-prospect trade. Perales missed a large chunk of 2024 and nearly all of 2025 while recovering from Tommy John surgery, but he's wowed with his stuff since returning, regularly reaching triple digits with his fastball. The 22-year-old has thrown a total of 9.2 innings beyond A-ball and has a career 12.3 percent walk rate in the minors, but Perales' upside is huge.